Thursday 11 August 2016

Happy Holidays - I'm taking a break!

I'm taking a blogging break for a couple of weeks (my first proper blog holiday in the 18 months since I set up my blog), although I'm sure you'll still find me lurking on Twitter so pop by and say 'hello'. I may still publish a couple of reviews too, but I won't be writing anything new for my blog until September.

I have a huge To Be Read pile. So I have decided to concentrate on reading books that I've bought during these two weeks, rather than review copies. Top of my list are the first three Maeve Kerrigan books by Jane Casey, which have been waiting patiently on my Kindle for months. I reviewed book 5 and loved it and have been desperate to catch up with the whole series. I'll let you know exactly which other books I picked on my return.



I'll also be continuing to spend my time writing and editing the manuscript of my debut novel. Due to family commitments, I took four months off writing, so it was great to get back to it at the end of July. I've been doing a big edit, following some positive and motivating feedback, and hope it will be ready to resubmit in the Autumn.


Lastly, there are some fantastic London-based events coming up if you're a crime fiction fan.

First Monday Crime takes place on the first Monday of every month (unless it's a bank holiday). There's a lively panel discussion in the College Building of City University in St John Street (near Angel) from 6.30pm, following by a social at a local bar. In September, you can listen to Sophie Hannah, Tim Weaver, Rod Reynolds and Jane Corry. You can book your tickets here.

Then in October, it's the first ever Killer Women Crime Writing Festival on Saturday 15th October 2016 (9 am to 8.30 pm) at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, London EC1V 9LT.
I devoted a whole week to Killer Women on my blog recently. See below for the links.
Day ONE - a guest post by DE Meredith
Day TWO - a guess post by Tammy Cohen
Day THREE - a guest post by Erin Kelly
Day FOUR - a guest post by Sarah Hilary
Day FIVE  - find out about the festival.
You can find out more and book tickets for the festival here.



Enjoy the rest of your August! And see you in September, when I'll have more reviews, author guest posts and author interviews.

Victoria

X

No comments:

Post a Comment